To provide best-in-class services and products to Invacare customers, the Company leverages a policy of strategic acquisitions and alliances to:
- Extend product lines.
- Expand geographically.
- Enter new distribution channels.
The following is a list of recently completed acquisitions and strategic alliances:
Dynamic Medical Systems, California. Equipment rentals business focused on nursing homes and long-term care providers in the Western United States.
Specialty Medical Equipment, Massachusetts. Equipment rentals business focused on skilled nursing and long-term care providers in Northeastern United States.
Medical Support Systems Holdings Limited, United Kingdom. Designer and manufacturer of high-quality, foam, pressure-reducing products for the health care market, including mattresses, overlays and cushions for both armchairs and wheelchairs.
Australian Healthcare Equipment Pty Ltd, Australia. Designer and manufacturer of beds, related furniture and pressure-care products.
WP Domus GmbH, Europe. Designer and manufacturer of several product lines that are complementary to Invacare's existing product lines, including power add-on products, bath lifts and walking aids.
Decpac, Australia. Designer and manufacturer of portable folding access ramps for use with wheelchairs and scooters.
Premier Designs, California. Purchase of assets and design for a lightweight, easily transportable power wheelchair.
Freedom Designs, Inc., California. Designer and manufacturer of seating products and wheelchairs with a focus on the pediatric marketplace.
ACS, Deer Park, NY. Distributor of medical supplies with a focus on infusion therapy.
Motion Concepts, Inc., Toronto, Canada. Designer and manufacturer of power tilt and recline systems for power wheelchairs that are used on many competing brands of power wheelchair bases, including Invacare-branded power wheelchairs.
Carroll Healthcare, Inc., London, Ontario, Canada. Manufacturer of beds and furniture for the long-term care market.
Mecc San, Thiene, Italy. Manufacturer of beds and selected patient aids.
Pinnacle MedSource Inc. Distributor of home medical equipment.
- Assistive Technology, Inc., Newton, Massachusetts (minority investment)
- Adaptive Switch Laboratories, Spicewood, Texas
- Dynamic Systems, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia
- Scandinavian Mobility International A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Suburban Ostomy Supply Co., Inc., Holliston, Massachusetts
- Allied Medical Supply Corporation, Ashland, Virginia
- Silcraft Corporation, Traverse City, Michigan
- Roller Chair Pty. Ltd., Adelaide, Australia
- Product Research Corporation, Beltsville, Maryland
- Healthtech Products, Inc., St. Louis, Missouri
- Fabriorto, Lda., Oporto, Portugal
- Frohock-Stewart, Inc., Northboro, Massachusetts
- Special Health Systems, Ontario, Canada
- Medical Equipment Repair Services (M.E.R.S.), Sarasota, Florida
- Paratec AG, Basel, Switzerland
- Group Pharmaceutical Limited (GP Healthcare), Auckland, New Zealand
- Thompson Rehab, Auckland, New Zealand
- Bencraft Limited, Birmingham, England
- Patient Solutions, San Diego, California
- PinDot Products, Inc., Northbrook, Illinois
- Top End Wheelchairs, Pinellas Park, Florida